COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER salary £21,626 – £26,445
To work with the MSP to promote her parliamentary work by liaising with all sections of the media along with organising interviews and press conferences, producing high quality written materials, maintaining administrative and information systems and supervising/line managing staff as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the MSP to promote his/her parliamentary work nationally and locally;
- Working in a flexible and confidential manner at all times and as part of a team;
- Liaising effectively with all sections of the media including political and specialist journalists, editors and other spokespeople for external organisations;
- Using and monitoring social media channels to communicate with all stakeholders;
- Establishing a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the MSP;
- Producing high quality press briefings, presentations and written materials;
- Identifying forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities;
- Monitoring the media, keeping the MSP briefed and up to date on developments;
- Organising interviews and press conferences on behalf of the MSP and accompany them on request;
- Developing e-communications with constituents and groups campaigning on local issues across the constituency;
Applications are invited in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications 2pm 04/10/19.
Interviews will be held in Edinburgh on 11/10/19