Local Organisations (Cunninghame South Constituency Area)
The following local groups are able to provide assistance to local residents within the Cunninghame South constituency:
- CHAP are operating a telephone/email service for assistance with housing, benefits and debt issues in North Ayrshire.
They are also able to offer assistance to those homeowners across Ayrshire who are facing mortgage repossession. They can be contacted on 01294 475633 or firstname.lastname@example.org during normal office hours.
- CLASP are now providing a telephone befriending and digital support service for older people residing in North Ayrshire during this pandemic via their HOPE and CLASP Digital Projects.
If you are in isolation and could benefit from a regular call for a chat they have trained befrienders who can be a listening ear, help boost morale and offer guidance and signposting assistance if you require other support services during this difficult time.
They also have a team of Digital Tutors and Digital Buddies who can support you with any digital queries you might have or they can contact you via Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime etc.
If you feel like you could benefit, telephone Liz on 07464206592 or email email@example.com. You will then be allocated a befriender to offer you support during this crisis.
- North Ayrshire Foodbank are offering aid to anyone who is finding it difficult to access food or have supplies delivered. You may contact them directly on 01294 601312 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They are open Mon – Fri: 10am to 2pm – please leave a message out with those hours.
- The Community Hearing Support Service is able to assist NHS hearing aid users with batteries and advice during this time.
Please contact email@example.com or 07391 017781
- Unity Carer Centre offers specialist information, support, advocacy and advice. If you are an unpaid or family carer of almost any age you can access support. All Centre staff are now home based until further notice. They are still available for phone appointments through the normal number and hours: 01924 311333
Community Hubs and Contact Numbers
Community Hubs have been established in localities around North Ayrshire to help callers with their concerns about health & well-being, money and food relating to COVID-19. They are coordinated by a small team of North Ayrshire Council and Health and Social Care staff. They will not be open for members of the public to visit but should be contacted via the phone numbers detailed below.
- Irvine – Fullarton; 07934 163884; 07398 108924; 01294 278207
- Irvine – Vineburgh; 07864 718921; 07398 108915; 01294 317156
- Irvine; 07936 033039; 01294 313593
- Kilwinning; 07395 941792; 01294 554699
- Three Towns; 07907 878861; 01294 47590
The hubs will link in with local volunteers including groups already established and there is also an online application form for new volunteers.
Support for People in North Ayrshire Shielding in Relation to the Coronavirus
Shielding is a range of measures that can be taken to protect extremely vulnerable people from coming into contact with coronavirus, by minimising all interaction between them and others. You should have had a letter from the Chief Medical Officer if this applies to you.
We understand that this means the practical aspects of daily life may become very difficult for you and you might feel worried and isolated. If you need help with things like getting food, making sure you have enough money, getting your prescription or your wellbeing you can get in touch with us.
Support for People in North Ayrshire Shielding in Relation to the Coronavirus Telephone North Ayrshire Council on: (01294) 310000
School Meal Provision
Following the Government’s announcement regarding school closures, North Ayrshire Council have confirmed that young people eligible for free school meals and/or in receipt of a school clothing grant will receive a weekly food package for both them and their families in the weeks ahead.
This package will be delivered to your home and will include lunch recipes and related ingredients.
To take part in the scheme, eligible families must opt-in by contacting North Ayrshire Council. The service is aimed at those who have a child or children eligible for free school meals and/or in receipt of a school clothing grant. If you are eligible and have not yet registered, please fill in this form.