This week, Ruth has:
- Held MSP advices surgeries at the Beattie Library in Stevenston, the Irvine Office, Cranberry Moss Community Centre and Hayocks Community Hall to listen to and help constituents
- Questioned the Scottish Government about the progress being made in the implementation of its ‘Equally Safe’ strategy for preventing and eradicating violence against women and girls
- Received official accreddiation as a Living Wage employer
- As a member of the Local Government and Communities Committee, taken evidence from the Scottish Housing Regulator on its Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16 and considered a draft report to the Finance Committee on the Scottish Government’s Draft Budget 2017-18
- Attended the launch of a new report by Family Friendly Working Scotland (FFWS) into Family Friendly Working and Low Income Families, which highlighted the direct link between income and access to family friendly working.