- Met with Blue Cross animal welfare charity to discuss ways in which animal welfare legislation could be strengthened
- In Social Security Committee, received an update on the Social Security Bill from Minister for Social Security, Jeane Freeman. Ruth sought assurances that the number of face to face assessments and the volume of paperwork disabled people had to complete to obtain their benefit entitlements would be reduced.
- With colleagues in Local Government Committee, agreed the committee’s report in response to the Scottish Government’s Draft Climate Change plan
- Joined with colleagues to meet with SPACE International and heard directly from survivors of prostitution
- Met with Enquire at their exhibition stand and received useful information for constituents requiring assistance with additional support for learning
- Used the opportunity of a Portfolio question session on Justice to confirm that additional Scottish Government funding allocated to tackling Violence Against Women was helping improve the performance of Domestic Abuse Courts.
In the constituency
- Held MSP advice surgeries in Dreghorn Library, The Volunteer Rooms and Cranberry Moss community centre
- Convened an onsite meeting between concerned Dalgarven residents and business owners, Police Scotland, Transerve and Transport Scotland to address safety issues on A737 in the village
- Met with the Townhead surgery GPs to hear about the concerns and opportunities around their future plans for the practice