This week, Ruth:
- Met with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists and Citizens Advice Scotland to discuss inclusive communication in Scotland’s new social security system
- Chaired a roundtable event focused on the initial findings of research by the Health Foundation into Young People’s Future Health Prospects
- Attended an event on the topic of ending the myth of ‘poverty of aspiration’
- On Education Committee, questioned Minister for Employability and Training, Jamie Hepburn, about what more could be done to raise the visibility of the high quality opportunities available to people through modern apprenticeships.
- During General Questions, raised the issue of the impact of rent increases on people on low incomes in social housing
- Held MSP Advice Surgeries in Castlepark and in the constituency office in Irvine
- Met with AIMS Advocacy, an independent advocacy service based in North Ayrshire, to discuss issues affecting the constituency