Admin and Casework Assistant – Irvine
£18,898-£25,640 pro rata
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
This role will be based in the constituency office 3 days a week, Tuesday to Thursday 9am to 5pm. Interviews will take place second week of April.
- Carrying out general office administration and acting as front of office for enquiries.
- Responding to all incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry.
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters, requests for information and parliamentary questions and motions.
- Maintaining office records and compliance with data protection.
- Managing records.
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring administrative and secretarial support is provided.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and assisting caseworkers
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative.
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded.
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required.
- Knowledge of current Political scene, Scotland, Europe, UK.
- Knowledge devolved/reserved competencies
Closing date: Friday 8 April 2022
Please send CV and cover letter to Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org