About The Role
Ruth Maguire MSP is looking for a Casework Assistant to join her team
Salary: £24,185 – £29,692 depending on skills and experience
Flexible working is available, this role can be part or full time and home and/or office based.
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
- Responding to incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within the team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
- Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring casework filing system is kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements.
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative.
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded.
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required.
- Knowledge of current Political scene, Scotland, Europe, UK.
- Knowledge devolved/reserved competencies
The Selection Process
Apply on the Scottish Parliament website here.
To apply, click on “send CV” and upload your CV and supporting statement as one document. When you’ve clicked “send CV” use the text box to provide wording for the cover email. Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 30 September